Now that my Nook edit for KM4 is done, I have decided on a game plan on the next few steps:
1. Transfer Nook edits to computer. I'm about 139 out of 457 pages (Nook pages, that is) in to the transfer. Things are going well. I'm doing things a little differently with this book, in that I'm doing the Nook edit before I send it to Sarah, my beta reader. I'm hoping to avoid typos this way. I probably should have done this for ALL of the books, but for some reason, I didn't think to. I was rushing things, I think.
2. Edit Hostile Kisses Blurb. I'm planning on putting the prologue of HK at the end of KM4. So, I need to make sure that's good to go.
3. Send KM4 to Beta Reader. Sarah's good so she'll probably have it back to me in a few days--if she's not swamped (fingers crossed).
4. Finalize cover. No promises on this cover being amazing... I'm going to work on it myself this time. Mostly because I know that I want the covers to change at some point and I don't want my friend who helped me with KM2 and KM3 feel like I wasted her time. Anyway, here's the cover that I have so far... thoughts? Give it to me straight. I'll take any feedback I can get--how much I can do on my own, I'm not too sure.
5. Write blurb. Ugh... this is seriously the hardest part for me. Look for drafts to be posted here. Reader feedback is invaluable to me.
6. Format novel for uploading. This can be a little time consuming. I have to have drafts for Smashwords, Nook, and Amazon. They all want things to look a little different. For the most part the files are the same, but if I make a change to 1, I need to make a change to all. Blah.
7. Upload KM4!
8. Start editing Hostile Kisses (while doing a Nook edit of KM1). So, I'm pretty sure that in my excitement to share Estela and Moo and the guys with everyone, I didn't do a Nook edit (hence all the "grammar" related reviews it received). I've actually already started this (it keeps me busy at the gym). My goal is to upload the revised KM1 at the same time as HK... or maybe a week before, we'll see.
So... let me stop blogging and get back to transferring edits!