Friday, May 27, 2011

Progress Report

I am almost halfway through my third (? I can't even remember anymore) round of edits for "Surrender." I may change the title before this is all said and done, but I'm not completely decided on that yet. I have a feeling things are going to get much slower for me. After nine months of looking, I've finally found a full-time job, which means that my editing (and eventual writing) will take place in the evenings and weekends. My goal is to finish this project before my birthday in September. At that point I'll have been working on it for a year.

The editing is going well, I think. I was concerned at first because I was still adding things, but the last few days I've slowly reduced my word count. I'm trying not to worry too much about it at this point. I think I'm making it better, over all (fingers crossed), but it's so hard for me to judge this as the writer. I'm so close to everything. I am definitely the type of writer who only works on one project at a time. I really should be writing as well as editing, but I get consumed with one project and then it takes over my life. I wish I was a bit better with my time.

I'm also wondering if I should sign up for Twitter? I know nothing about that site, but it seems like it could be a good venue to use to connect with readers. Thoughts? Anyone out there addicted to Twitter?

3 comments:

  1. congrats on getting a full time job. I just graduated in May and I've been searching for a few months now myself. I don't use twitter or know much about it either but I heard it's a great way to network with readers and agents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely vote for putting up Book 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure many others would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MD! It took me 9 months to get this job, so I wish you much luck in your search. I think I'm going to stick to facebook for now... I'm more comfortable with it than Twitter.

    I've had a lot of requests for book 1... I'm still thinking about it! :D

    ReplyDelete